Reading time: 3 minutes
Home documents! They are essential to every homeowner, but who has the time to go rifling through paper after paper in a file cabinet? Wouldn’t it be more helpful to to organize important documents at home with the help of an app?
Here at vipHomeLink, we want to simplify homeownership. One way to do that is to help you get rid of your filing cabinet and archive your home documents. Our home management app provides your house with a place to call home, inclusive of all its documents. You can either use the Journal section of the app to upload all your documents in one place or add your document to its specific category.
For example, if you want to upload your home inspection report, you can upload it directly to the “Home Structure” section.
By placing all your home documents in place, you’ll never have to worry about losing them, misfiling them, or wasting any time searching for them ever again.
What documents should you upload to your digital filing cabinet?
Here are few documents you should have in your home filing cabinet that you can easily upload to vipHomeLink:
- Documents proving home ownership, such as the property deed.
- The seller’s disclosure – a sworn, notarized document that discloses any liens, leases, or other contracts on the property.
- Your loan documents – including but not limited to the note, the mortgage, the loan application, the loan estimate, and the closing disclosure.
- Title insurance policy, which guarantees you will the sole owner of the home.
- The bill of sale with all the items being transferred during the house selling transaction.
- A certificate of occupancy, which proves the house is habitable.
- Homeowners insurance declaration page – that’s self-explanatory.
- Home inspection report – a survey of the functional areas of your home, including the roof, appliances, and foundation, along with their age and status.
- Appraisals of the dwelling.
- Buyer’s agent agreement – the contract between you and your real estate agent if you used one (always good to have on hand if you have any questions after you close).
- Any receipts/contracts for any work done on your home, from installing a hot water heater to repairing your roof.
- Paint colors – for when you need to touch up or repaint around your house.
But why should you upload your documents to an app?
While you should keep your official home documents from in a safe place, having them digitally allows you to find information at a moment’s notice for contractors or if you’re looking to refinance.
Plus, having your last work order on your home easily accessible helps in case of any issues with the appliances. It’ll also eliminate the excess paperwork that comes from maintaining and improving your home with the contracts all in one place.
So you can get rid of the filing cabinet, download the vipHomeLink app, and keep your most imperative home documents all in a small fireproof box.
Looking for more tips to organize important documents at home?
We know how difficult it is to keep everything organized at home. That’s why we help to simplify homeownership through our home management app, which provides homeowners with personalized reminders for home tasks and tailored recommendations for home improvement. As mentioned above, it’s also a great place to store all your home documents for safe keeping!